CompTIA Security+ establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills.
This CertKit will give you the knowledge and skills necessary to secure systems, applications, networks, and devices; conduct threat analysis and countermeasure techniques; perform risk mitigation activities; and function with an awareness of the proper policies, laws, and regulations.
To ensure your success in this course, you should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, and six to nine months’ experience in networking, including configuring security parameters, are recommended.
- Identify the fundamental components of information security & various threats to information security.
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts, software, and networks.
- Manage identity and access.
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level.
- Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident.
Who should attend:
This course is for the IT professional who has networking/administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; preparing for the Security+ certification examination; or using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications.
DiviTrain CertKit content:
- E-learning courses:
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Social Engineering Techniques & Attack Types
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Analyzing Application & Network Attacks
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Threat Actors, Intelligence Sources, & Vulnerabilities
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Security Assessment & Penetration Testing Techniques
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Security Concepts in an Enterprise Environment
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and Cloud Cybersecurity Solutions
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Controls & Application Development, Deployment, & Automation
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Authentication & Authorization Design Concepts
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Implementing Identity and Account Management & AAA Solutions
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Physical Security Controls
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Basic Cryptography & Public Key Infrastructure
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Implementing Secure Protocols & Application Security Solutions
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Implementing Secure Network Designs
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Wireless, Mobile, & Embedded Device Security
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Organizational Security Assessment tools & Mitigation Controls
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Incident Response, Digital Forensics, & Supporting Investigations
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Security Policies, Regulations, Standards, & Frameworks
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Risk Management, Privacy, & Sensitive Data Security
- SY0-601 - CompTIA Security+: Monitoring, Visibility, & Reporting
- MeasureUp Exam simulation
- 310+ questions
- 24/7 Online Mentor
- Tips & Tricks
- The Security+ labs main focus is on the practical application of the CompTIA certification exam outcomes and where required, some objectives are covered in theory. After completing this title, you will have gained hands-on experience in penetration testing and implementing preventative measures to secure a corporate network against possible cybersecurity attacks. In addition, further knowledge will be gained on how to handle a cybersecurity incident.